What's Your Body pH?
By Christopher Guerriero
Weight Loss and Energy Expert
Updated: October 07, 2008
A Dr. by the name of Dr. Morter discovered a very simple, yet effective way to test your body's pH level using little pieces of pH paper that you place into your mouth (if testing using your saliva) or in a stream of urine (if testing using your secretions).
It's vital to know your body's pH, but it far more important to know how to control your ph level.
You see, if your body becomes too acidic you'll be more prone to catching colds, to getting diseases, to getting fat, to being tired, sluggish, fatigued, stressed, and full of body aches and pains. Your body becomes acidic in many ways, but some of the most common ways are:
- Watching or reading the news - yes, you heard me right, watching the nightly news can make your body acidic and when your body is acidic it retains fat - so watching the news can make you fat - OK that's a stretch, but inadvertently anything that causes your body to becomes acidic will eventually make you fat, stressed, and unhealthy.
- A diet that lacks raw vegetables.
- A diet high in starches, fat, sugar, and/or processed foods.
- Lack of exercise
- Stress at work - in fact, you can change your body from a healthy alkaline state to an unhealthy acid state within seconds simply by letting yourself get upset or frustrated, and when you allow yourself to get into this acid state your body immediately becomes less healthy and your metabolism immediately gets adversely effected.
OK, now how can you stop all this acid living and start living an alkaline lifestyle which is conducive to health, weight loss, and proper energy levels - simply do the following:
- Add more raw vegetable to your diet (at least 3 servings per day).
Drink more plain, fresh water (preferably distilled)
- Try to eat mostly organic foods
- Exercise at least 3 times per week, preferably 5 times per week - and don't over exercise because if you push yourself too hard you'll actually reverse the benefits of exercise and make your body highly acidic.
- Avoid all soft drinks.
- Avoid all white flour products and all white sugar products.
- Avoid dairy products except for eggs
- Avoid stressful situations whenever possible
- Spend at least 5 minutes in the morning, 5 minutes in the afternoon, and 5 minutes in the evening thinking about all the blessings that you have in your life.
- Practice some deep breathing exercises like those found in chapter 11 of maximize Your Metabolism (www.MaximizeYourMetabolism.com)
- Consume a quality 'greens drink' daily
Related Weight Loss Articles
HealthLife Article Categories